Facebook 2.0 for iPhone has finally been released and it's ready for download in the App Store [iTunes link]. At first glance tooling around the new digs looks pretty impressive as promised. The app has come a long way but I can see it will take a bit to get a real feel.
Version 2.0 promises faster and more stable functionality. The New hotness in this version includes:
- Facebook Chat
- Full News Feed
- People Search
- Address book lookup
- Faster Photo uploading
- Inbox Search and Message Attachments
- Friend requests and your full Inbox and Inbox search
- Write on friends' walls and view their full profiles
- Upload photos from your library stored on the iPhone
- Photo tags (holding your finger down on the photo will show them)
Early comments from the collective at the Facebook info page are positive. There is some talk of a few bugs but I think it's too early to confirm anything concrete. It seems like the chatter from Facebookies is simply early 2.0 app exposure causing the jitters.
Now you can easily peer into the lives of everyone you usually let go to voicemail. One user commented; "Just installed the update! Looks great! Go get it." That about sums it up for now. iTunes App Store