Designer Sait Alanyali has reimagined the Mac Tower by landing somewhere between an iMac and a Mac Pro, adding a considerable upgrade to the media options. I could not help flashing back on the Power Mac G4 Cube upon first look at Alanyali's Tower concept. Not that anything's wrong with that.
The use of Coldplay for the video walk-through was clever especially when I heard the lyrics; "I will try to fix you." Which may have only been a happy accident. There's no question that Alanyali's design work is well thought out. His attention to detail is inspiring. The idea of an optional TV tuner, quad-core processors and iPod dock fills me with uncontrollable tingling.
Since there were no dimensions included, it's a tad difficult to envision the real size of this next generation Mac Tower of power. Not that it matters much, because this is one hunk of fantastical hardware.
Mac Tower of Power:
- Quad-Core Intel Processors
- One Silent 12 mm fan at bottom
- 4 memory slots (up to 8GB RAM)
- 3.5" HDD Slots (Cable-free, direct-attach)
- Power Supply + Battery (Hibernation)
- (during power failure, Time machine backs up,
- then system hibernates, no work lost!)
- Two PCI Express Slots
- Built-in TV Tuner (optional)
- Hidden Rear I/O
- Self-managing cables
- Built-in iPod Dock
- Pop-up Apple Remote
- Built-in Stero Speakers
- Aluminum Enclosure
Photo by Sait Alanyali